Monday, July 18, 2011

Fantasy Girls

Whew, thank goodness, the Women’s World Cup Final finally concluded yesterday with our U.S. gals suffering a crushing deFEET to the women from Japan. OK, so it was a nice sentimental win for Japan, considering what befell the island nation four months ago, but c’mon, our girls choked it away. What a let down after the ‘come back from dead’ win over Brazil. Kudos to Japan, they hung in there and delivered the penalty kicks when the match was on the line. So, another Gold Medal is garnered in the pitch. (Yea, I know a little Futbol vernacular!) Did I toss and turn last night in the aftermath of the U.S. defeat? Yes, I did, but it was because my sore back was killing me. Now, we won’t hear a thing about women’s Futbol until the next Olympics or World Cup. And, you know what, that’s OK, because who really gives a crap about soccer? Or hockey? (I never miss an opportunity to pick on “Soccer on Ice”) Just forget the 90 minutes of plodding boredom, and just go straight to penalty kicks. It would be like the Kentucky Derby, the most exciting 2 ½ minutes in sports! Yes, now we can focus all of our sports minded attention on the Boys of Summer. Who are they? Pee Wee, Mickey and the Duke? Nah. Hank, Whitey, and Willie? Not even close. Prince, Roy and Matt? Is that a joke? The new Boys of Summer are my future Fantasy Football picks for 2011! With the NFL lock-out virtually over, we can breathe a sigh of relief that the potential future void of a Fall without Fantasy Football will be filled! Hallelujah, Futbol is over, Football is here! Here is my final question to you: “What are you looking forward too the most, the World Series or your NFL Fantasy Football draft? Be honest. See, I’ve made my point. Sorry, Bud……….

No comments:

Post a Comment